Zing! is the ultimate commuter. It has everything
you need for safe, comfortable, speedy commuting, and very little that you don't need.
It is a plug-in hybrid, and will go 330 miles on the electrical energy equivalent of
one gallon of gasoline. With an electric range of about 40 miles, many drivers will never use any gasoline at all for
commuting. But unlike a battery-only electric car, you can go hundreds of miles between charges: if the batteries
get low, the engine will start and automatically recharge them. If you drive across the country, and never plug in,
Zing! gets about 100 mpg on gasoline alone -- that's about
5 times better than the current fleet average in the US!
Zing! preliminary specifications:
- Capacity: 2 people, 6 cu ft cargo
- MPGe (per SAE J1711): 330
- 30 - 40 mile range on batteries alone, with 400 mile range on a tank of fuel.
0 to 60 mph in about 11 seconds
- Top speed: 85 mph
- Carbon footprint: less than half that of a Toyota Prius. 1/3 that of a Tesla Roadster!
- Handling: Like that of a sports car
- Crashworthiness: the equivalent of
a 4 or 5 Star rating for front and side impacts